In the summer time, moms eagerly await to get their little ones outdoors and into those cute summer outfits. It’s the time for outdoor fun – like playing in the blow up pool in your own back yard, jump’s into the swimming pool from time to time, or just a picnic outside spending the day soaking up some much missed vitamin D. Before you do, make sure you know how to adequately protect their delicate skins.
- Did you know that most kids get much of their lifetime sun exposure before the age of 18, therefore it’s important for parents to teach them how to enjoy fun in the sun safely?
- Did you know that 75% of skin cancers can be prevented by adequate skin protection during childhood?
A child’s skin is more fragile than an adult’s, and harmful ingredients should be avoided. Xeroderm SPF 30 Baby and Kids is mild enough to use from birth while strong enough to protect them from the harmful South African sun, it contains no fragrances and is safe for sensitive, allergenic skin. The use of daily sunscreen should form part of your little one’s routine just as brushing their teeth does.
Xeroderm, by Epizone is as dedicated to protecting their skin as you are. Here are some helpful tips that will help you practice safe fun in the sun this summer.
- A sunscreen with a minimum SFP of 30 is most common during the summer months.
- The sun’s rays are most harmful between 10am and 4pm, limit sun exposure during those times and if your child will be in the sun ensure their wearing protective light colored clothing and a hat.
- Xeroderm SPF 40 is a broad-based sunscreen, which protects from both UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
- Moms remember to apply sunscreen to all exposed areas, including your baby or child’s face, neck, lips, ears and the top of their feet.
- Apply sunscreen generously and often. You should be applying at least 1mm of sunscreen to exposed areas, a thin application of the sunscreen on the skin, will not offer the full SPF protection of the product. Sunscreen should be applied 30 minutes before exposure to the sun and should be reapplied every one and a half to two hours.
- Lastly sunscreen should be applied every day. Remember children can burn even when in the shade or through a glass.
So while we all planning our December holidays and getting those cute outfits for the little one’s, let’s not forget Xeroderm SPF40 for the whole family. Whether your family is heading down to the beach, the mountains or spending time in nature, practicing safe sun protection is essential. Keeping your child’s precious skin nourished and protected this summer… After all you only get one skin.